Get exceptional Push-to-talk service from Bell.
Bell has led the way in next generation Push-to-talk technology as the first Canadian carrier to bring PTT service on the 4G network to Canada and the US. Plus, our PTT devices will soon be available on Canada’s largest LTE network1, allowing Bell customers to enjoy blazing-fast data speeds on their devices.
With PTT service from Bell, you can connect instantly to one or many users with the simple push of a button, keeping you in immediate contact with employees and suppliers.
See how PTT increases productivity at the push of a button
Access to Canada’s largest 4G network2 and extensive coverage in the U.S.
Connect instantly in more places coast to coast using Canada’s trusted 4G Push-to-talk coverage. Bell offers extensive coverage in Canada and roaming coverage in the U.S. (available where 3G and 4G networks are supported, covering 80% of the U.S. population).
Your business will also soon have access to PTT on the LTE network from Bell in mid 2014 offering the fastest speeds available in market.3
Bell offers a full suite of PTT devices, accessories and business solutions
- Bell offers a large line-up of PTT enabled devices and accessories.
- Bell was the first Canadian carrier to offer PTT on the world’s toughest phones from Sonim, including the exclusive intrinsically safe Sonim XP5560 BOLT 2 IS.
- Combine your PTT service with Dispatch options, Asset & Fleet management and Workforce management solutions from Bell.
- Bell is the only Canadian PTT provider that offers a fully integrated 24x7 Lone Worker solution.
Instant communication meets blazing-fast data.
Connect using Push-to-talk in less than one second. Plus email, text or browse the Web simultaneously with 4G data speeds of up to 21 Mbps (expected average speeds of 3.5-8 Mbps)4
Buy a phone with PTT and get a second one free.
Bonus: Purchase the $15/mo. unlimited nationwide PTT add-on and get the first month at no charge.*
OFFER ENDS OCTOBER 31, 2014
Bell offers an impressive PTT device line-up.
Bell offers a large selection of PTT enabled rugged phones, superphones and smartphones.
Equip your team in the field with the best selection of dust and waterproof devices that are built to handle just about anything, while providing multi-taskers in the office with the latest PTT enabled superphones and smartphones. All PTT enabled devices are compatible with each other, allowing you to mix and match based on your businesses needs.
Apple iPhone 5s
Apple iPhone 5c
Apple iPhone 4S
Sonim XP1520 BOLT SL
Ultra Rugged Design
Dedicated PTT, volume and camera button
Sonim XP5560 BOLT 2
Ultra Rugged Design
Lone Worker: GPS safety monitoring solution
Sonim XP5560 BOLT 2 IS
Ultra Rugged Design
Intrinsically safe - CSA Certified
Lone Worker: GPS safety monitoring solution
Samsung Galaxy Rugby™ LTE
Samsung Rugby™ III
Samsung Galaxy Note 3™
Samsung Galaxy S4™
Samsung Galaxy S5™
The all new HTC One™ (M8)
Manage your contacts online in real-time
Bell provides a robust cloud based tool that allows you to easily manage and update your PTT contacts and groups within or outside your company, all in just seconds.
and worry free.
PTT from Bell runs on a dedicated network to ensure security, reliability and performance. With an encrypted radio link between the tower and your device to ensure only approved traffic gets through, you can PTT securely and worry free.
See how Bell's trusted Push-to-talk service compares.
See for yourself how Bell has lead the way for PTT technology in Canada, from greater coverage to more great devices to choose from, we still stand out compared to another PTT service still offered, Mike™. See how Bell also compares to a new PTT service, TELUS Link™.
|Proven solution with extensive testing||Independently proven and tested with over 10 years of availability5|
|Powered by a trusted PTT solution used by a leading U.S. carrier5|
|LTE Network||Mid 2014|
|Online contact management|
|Less than 1 second connection|
|Intrinsically safe device|
|Integrated Lone Worker / 24-7 Worker Safety solution|
|Simultaneous voice and data|
Read the case studies to see Bell PTT in action.
See how others are using Bell Mobility PTT services to help stay in touch, save time and costs, and work more efficiently.
- PTT Fact Sheet Download the PDF
- PTT whitepaper Download the PDF
- Atripco Delivery Service case study Download the PDF
- Graham Construction case study Download the PDF
- PVS Contractors case study Download the PDF
- Humber River Hospital case study Download the PDF
- Alberta Motor Association case study Download the PDF
Current as of November 1, 2013. Available in SK, QC, AB, BC, ON, NB, NL, NS and PEI (excludes Manitoba) with compatible devices within network coverage areas available from Bell Mobility; see bell.ca/coverage. Long distance and roaming charges (including foreign taxes) may apply outside your local area. If you end your services early, a fee will apply; see your Service Agreement for details. Subject to change without notice. Taxes extra. Other conditions apply.
- Based on total square kms of coverage on the shared LTE network available from Bell vs. Rogers' LTE network. See bell.ca/LTE for details.
- Based on total square kms of coverage on the shared 4G (HSPA+) network available from Bell vs. Rogers’ HSPA/HSPA+ network. See bell.ca/network for details.
- LTE technology provides for the fastest speeds compared to other mobile wireless network technologies available in select areas of Canada. See bell.ca/LTE.
- Actual speed may vary due to topography, environmental conditions, device type and other factors. Bell.ca/network.
- See http://www.kodiaknetworks.com/
BlackBerry®, RIM®, Research In Motion® and related trademarks, names and logos are the property of Research In Motion Limited and are registered and/or used in the U.S. and countries around the world. © 2012 by Sonim Technologies, Inc. All rights reserved. Sonim, Sonim Technologies, Inc., all Sonim logos are trademarks of Sonim Technologies, Inc. Samsung Galaxy S II is a trademark of Samsung Electronics Co., Ltd., used in Canada under licence. Other company and product names may be trademarks or registered trademarks of the respective owners with which they are associated.
- What is PTT coverage in Canada?
- PTT transmits on a 4G network (HSPA/HSPA+). The 4G network provides coverage to over 97% of the Canadian population to almost 20,000 cities and towns across Canada.
- Does PTT work on Wi-Fi?
- PTT is not compatible with Wi-Fi.
- What can I expect for data speeds on PTT?
- Data speeds are dictated by the PTT capable device. In the case of LTE devices, if PTT is enabled, they will be limited to HSPA/HSPA+ data speeds.
- Will PTT work when out of HSPA coverage?
- No. PTT requires a HSPA connection to function.
- Will PTT work internationally?
- PTT will work in Canada and the U.S but not internationally.
- How much data does a PTT call use while roaming in the US?
- PTT use is approximately 125KB per minute.
- Do PTT calls use plan minutes?
- PTT calls do not use plan minutes.
- Is there a charge to use PTT while travelling in Canada?
- When subscribed to PTT service, it is unlimited everywhere in Canada.
- Will roaming rates be charged for using PTT while in the US?
- Yes. Usage is charged per MB.
- Is PTT available on prepaid service?
- No. PTT is only available on postpaid.
PTT is supported on a growing range of devices:
- BlackBerry® Bold™ 9900 smartphone
- Samsung Galaxy S III™ 4G superphone
- Samsung Galaxy Note II
- Samsung Galaxy Rugby LTE
- Samsung Rugby III
- Will PTT be available on more devices in the future, for example: Apple?
- More devices will be PTT capable in the near future.
- Will email delivery be impacted while using PTT?
- No. Simultaneous PTT voice and data is supported.
- What is Presence Status?
- Presence Status shows the current availability of PTT subscribers (Available, Do Not Disturb) or offline.
- Is a special phone number required for PTT?
- No. The number that works for traditional voice calls is the same number for PTT calls.
- If I receive a PTT call while on a regular voice call, what happens?
- You will be notified of a missed PTT call which you will be able to check once your voice call is complete.
- If I receive a regular voice call while on a PTT call, what happens?
- You will be prompted to take the voice call, if you do, the PTT call will go on hold. Once your voice call is complete, you can return to the PTT call if it is still active.
- How many individuals can be included in a group PTT call?
- Up to 100 individuals in a corporate group or 30 in a public group.
- What’s the call set up time for PTT?
- The call set up for PTT is less than 1 second.
- What will happen to the 10-4 network?
- The 10-4 network will remain active; however PTT is now the preferred service type.
- Will a 10-4 device work with PTT service?
- No. 10-4 devices work on a CDMA network; PTT works on a 4G network.
- Can 10-4 devices and PTT devices communicate with each other?
- No. There will be no interoperability between the 10-4 and PTT services.
* Speed may vary due to topography, environmental conditions, device type and other factors.
|BlackBerry® Bold ™ 9900||Samsung Galaxy S5™||Samsung Galaxy Rugby™ LTE|
|BlackBerry® Curve ™ 9360||Samsung Galaxy Note II™||Samsung Rugby™ III|
|HTC One(M8)||Samsung Galaxy Note 3™||Sonim XP5520 BOLT|
|iPhone 5c||Samsung Galaxy S II™||Sonim XP5560 BOLT 2|
|iPhone 5s||Samsung Galaxy S III™||Sonim XP5560 BOLT 2 IS|
|iPhone 5||Samsung Galaxy S4™||Sonim XP1520 BOLT SL|
Thank you for your interest in Push-to-talk from Bell.
One of our experts will be in touch shortly.
To learn more about Push-to-talk from Bell, register below and one of our experts will contact you.