The next generation
There’s a new standard for Push-to-talk (PTT) technology in North America and Bell is leading the way.
With PTT service from Bell, you can connect instantly to one or many users with the simple push of a button, keeping you in immediate contact with employees and suppliers. Plus, get even more done, with blazing-fast data speeds. PTT from Bell is the fastest, most flexible dedicated solution with the largest coverage in Canada today.1
As some traditional PTT networks begin shutting down across North America, Push-to-talk from Bell represents a new standard in instant communication.
meets blazing-fast data.
Connect using Push-to-talk in less than one second. Plus email, text or browse the Web simultaneously with 4G data speeds up to 1000x faster than what’s currently in market.2View the comparison chart
Available on the latest devices.
Choose from a variety of leading devices from rugged phones to smartphones and superphones with Push-to-talk capabilities. You'll be able to enjoy instant connections plus everything a smartphone offers, like email, web browsing,
hi-res screens and business apps.
Plus, with cloud based contact management and encrypted data traffic, your data and communications are secure.
There's a PTT plan that's right for your needs.View PTT rate plans and add-ons
- What is PTT coverage in Canada?
- PTT transmits on a 4G network (HSPA+). The 4G network provides coverage to over 97% of the Canadian population to almost 20,000 cities and towns across Canada.
- Does PTT work on Wi-Fi?
- PTT is not compatible with Wi-Fi.
- What can I expect for data speeds on PTT?
- Data speeds are dictated by the PTT capable device.
- Will PTT work when out of HSPA coverage?
- No. PTT requires a HSPA connection to function.
U.S. & International roaming
- Will PTT work internationally?
- PTT will work in Canada and the U.S but not internationally.
- How much data does a PTT call use while roaming in the US?
- PTT use is approximately 100KB per minute.
Pricing and rates
- Do PTT calls use plan minutes?
- PTT calls do not use plan minutes.
- Is there a charge to use PTT while travelling in Canada?
- When subscribed to PTT service, it is unlimited everywhere in Canada.
- Will roaming rates be charged for using PTT while in the US?
- Yes. Usage is charged per MB.
- Is PTT available on prepaid service?
- No. PTT is only available on postpaid.
PTT capable devices
PTT is supported on a growing range of devices:
- Will PTT be available on more devices in the future, for example: Apple?
- More devices will be PTT capable in the future.
Service and features
- Will email delivery be impacted while using PTT?
- No. Simultaneous PTT voice and data is supported.
- What is Presence Status?
- Presence Status shows the current availability of PTT subscribers (Available, Do Not Disturb) or offline.
- Is a special phone number required for PTT?
- No. The number that works for traditional voice calls is the same number for PTT calls.
- If I receive a PTT call while on a regular voice call, what happens?
- You will be notified of a missed PTT call which you will be able to check once your voice call is complete.
- If I receive a regular voice call while on a PTT call, what happens?
- You will be prompted to take the voice call, if you do, the PTT call will go on hold. Once your voice call is complete, you can return to the PTT call if it is still active.
- How many individuals can be included in a group PTT call?
- Up to 100 individuals in a corporate group or 30 in a public group.
- What’s the call set up time for PTT?
- The call set up for PTT is less than 1 second.
- What will happen to the 10-4 network?
- The 10-4 network will remain active; however PTT is now the preferred service type.
- Will a 10-4 device work with PTT service?
- No. 10-4 devices work on a CDMA network; PTT works on a 4G network.
- Can 10-4 devices and PTT devices communicate with each other?
- No. There will be no interoperability between the 10-4 and PTT services.
* Speed may vary due to topography, environmental conditions, device type and other factors.
|Simultaneous voice & data||selected||-||No Comparable
|Less than 1
|Data speeds||up to 21 Mbps||0.0144 Mbps|
© 2012 TELUS Communications Company. © 1995 - 2012 Rogers Communications.